Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Working Man

So, I started work today. It was a great time. I have a commute! And an apartment! And a credit card! And I'm buying my own laptop, with my own money! And...well, that's about it. But, you know, working man style.

I've moved into the apartment in Mirrielees, with my three roommates (one of which is not here) - Adrian, John, and Eric, and our temporary guest - Abel. It's good times, we had home-cooked burgers for dinner tonight. Which might sound bad, but consider our dinner last night of...you guessed it! PIZZA! We are real college students now.

Anyway, then this morning, at the UNGODLY hour of 7:00AM I got up, to get ready for my morning commute. I was out the door around 8, and, thanks to their being no traffic (and the really annoying and boring shows that plague so many radio stations) I was there in about 35 minutes. Which is surprising, considering I felt lost for about half of the trip. But, turns out I know my way around.

Then, after working for a few hours in the morning, I went to downtown (in my proper working-man attire: an olive green dress shirt and pleated khakis) to have lunch at Round Table...yes, more pizza. But actually, I got a sandwhich. Still.

In any case, on the way home, I stopped by the supermarket, got a few things for the family (and myself) and came home. Then, a bunch of us (me, Adrian, Eric, Courtney) went and got a ton of food (well, not a ton, but still) and came back and got dinner. Then I went down the street (I'm really psyched to be able to drive around this campus) to visit Courtney (who had left one of her grocery bags behind from the earlier trip) and to watch the end of The Wedding Date with Mao! It was good times. Really, driving is the way to go on this campus. I would avoid driving only if we had an underground subway system really, which would then be just as fast. but, well, that's not gonna happen any time soon.

So, now, here I am. Staring out my window at people carrying grocery bags to their room. Damn it feels good to be a yuppy!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I love yo blog entries a lot! So informative and full of your character!


keep em coming!

im so proud of you and your working man status....im only sad im not there to see it!!!

keep it up!

Nick said...

Yes! JOIN US! Shed forth your Xanga community and join the community of...THE FUTURE!

Leave your pants at the door. For in THE FUTURE, there are no pants. And ice cream is currency. And cars run on sexual fluids. Welcome, my friend, to THE FUTURE.

(Unfortunately, for THE FUTURE to occur, we have a George W. Bush floating head as our eternal Orwellian leader. But hey, ice cream!)