Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Ramble ramble ramble, with a side of b.s.

Hi. No really, hi. What? Is something on my face? Is there something between my teeth? Seriously, what is it?!?!

Hehe, now I have your attention. Maybe. Anyway, it's been quite an eventful week. I guess really quite an eventful weekend, not so much an eventful week, per se. Where did we leave off? I think it was around Tuesday of last week when I last wrote something, so just to get up to speed, I spent Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday procrastinating, just like before. I'm really bad at the whole, uh, getting work done before it's due thing. But I mean, c'mon, it's the start of the quarter. I can't really be blamed, can I? And I did finish a map sort of thing on Thursday, so, I didn't procrastinate the whole time.

Nonetheless, come Sunday I was quite on top of things, if only because I had to be. I basically locked myself in my room and forced myself to write, even if it meant lying in bed under the covers practically in a sleeping position. I still got it done. I ate meals that came in plastic containers (Chinese take out) and cardboard boxes (microwave dinner), which was fun. I went running for an hour, which was refreshing. But you know, that's how things go. Sometimes you have to lock yourself up like the hunchback in his bell tower, hide your face from the world...but only to be more productive of course.

So I finished that. I then had the Monday of all Monday's, with a marathon health policy class that covered nothing but medical terms--irrelevant to all but the two future doctors in the class. That was fun... It was followed, 7 hours later (I didn't go home, but instead worked on proofreading my paper and wasting time, along with a bout of ski-clothes shopping) by my EU class, which was good times. It's so depressing though to have class start just after the sun rises and to go home after the sun sets. That is not how life should be. Sun is important, you know? Otherwise, I dunno, you could go crazy.

Right, so, now I'm at work, "researching" environmental policy in the US, mostly just waiting until my boss comes in so I can show him the outline I came up with. Life is so entertaining. Anyway, looking forward to going skiing this weekend, in the Alps (check item number 437 off my things to do in my life list). So yeah, should be a good weekend, even if it turns out to be quite the sleep-deprived experience. Here we go again!

No comments: