Sunday, November 05, 2006

The problem with Paris is...

So, um, I didn't do anything this weekend. Like, literally. But, it's okay, because, well, I got some homework done. Not the homework I had hoped. But, well, some things. I've done a little research for my paper. I mean, how am I supposed to do work? This city offers far too much. It's times like these I long for a place like the basement of Green or the Law Library where I can just lock myself in the library and forget about how sunny and beautiful it is outside. And about how many museums and amazing buildings and wonderful restaurants and neat cafes there are to explore. Curse you Paris! Hehe.

No, but the real reason I didn't get any work done was just because my will was a little, below normal. One, I think I'm partly sick (it's minor right now, but it might be developing - something is going around all of us Stanfordians). Another reason, though, is that I've had a bit of a debacle to wrestle my way through. I can't really go into detail here, because, well, this is public and I've never been much into broadcasting my life's minor details to anyone who wants to read them. But, suffice it to say I've been doing alot of writing and alot of thinking about that, and it's been good for me. Mind-opening (not eye-opening, MIND-opening). Otherwise I've also done the following: written 11 postcards and letters between yesterday and today (a personal record, and each one of them is extremely unique and, if I do say so, a work of art in its own right); gone to the famed Musee d'Orsay, arguably the most architecturally intriguing museum in Paris (it's an old train station, but I assume you knew that, and the jury's out on whether Orsay or Pompidou are more architecturally, uh, unique); I ran this morning, as per my routine of three runs per week; I showed a couple of friends (Rachel Danford et al) around Paris a little this weekend, mostly on Wednesday, when I took them to the amazing Sacre Coeur; uh, I successfully fashioned a makeshift (read: cheap) dinner for myself tonight after spending 24.50 on dinner and chocolat chaud last night; I wrote a French article on American tourists in Paris on Friday, and transcribed a French interview, both for French class (go figure); and I wrote two one page class summaries of class meetings two and three weeks past. So, in the interest of making myself feel more accomplished, I'd say I had quite a busy and successful weekend! The only things I did not do: get reading done for my PoliSci paper, and get research done for my independent study. Whoops. Oh well, there's tomorrow, and Tuesday, and Wednesday, and Thursday, and etc, for that.

Check it: Barcelona next weekend! Who's excited? Wait, uh, hold on, uh, I think that'd be me! Yay! And then after that, Chris, Jocelyn and Kasey come to visit! AHHH!!!! I'm so excited! November is a good month.

Right, well. Happy belated Toussaints (and Halloween), everyone! Look for your letters in a mailbox near you soon.

No comments: